May 3-5 and 10-12: The Bridges of Madison County Musical

The Wayne Theatre presents The Bridges of Madison County on May 3-5 and 10-12, 2019. Showtimes are 7 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays, with 3 p.m. Sunday matinees.

Beginning May 7: Preschool Workshops

Through music, movement and innovative storytelling, we will explore ways to feed their imaginations while learning the basics of theatrical performance.

May 17: The Grand Gala with Mike Super

The Wayne Theatre presents The Grand Gala fundraiser on Friday, May 17, at 6 p.m. Dress to the nines and support the Wayne during our annual Gala event where we literally roll out the red carpet for you - our strongest supporters.

June 10-14: Imagination Stage Summer Camp

Using dramatic play movement, music, with a hint of visual art, we will explore variety of theatre subjects including improvisation, physical theatre, and acting. Recommended for grades K-5.

Production Camp: Junie B. Jones Jr. The Musical

During this two-week program June 17-28, students will work with Director Hank Fitzgerald and his creative team to present Junie B. Jones The Musical Jr. Recommended for Grades 4-12.

June 13: USAF Heritage Brass

The Wayne Theatre presents the United States Air Force Heritage of American Band, Heritage Brass, on Thursday, June 13, at 7 p.m.

June 28-29: Junie B. Jones Jr. The Musical

Join Junie B. on her first day of first grade, where many changes are in store: Junie’s best friend Lucille has found new best friends - and Junie B. makes friends with Herb, the new kid at school.

June 30: Nightingales of the Shenandoah Valley

The Wayne Theatre presents Nightingales of the Shenandoah Valley on Sunday, June 30, for one show at 4 p.m. Tickets are $10 for students/$18 for adults.

August 8-18: Roald Dahl's Matilda The Musical

The Wayne Theatre presents Matilda The Musical on August 8-11 and 15-18, 2019.

 

Upcoming Events

Monday, April 22
The Wayne Theatre presents “Curse of the Demon” as part of the Monday at the Movie series hosted by Jimmy Overton with the Classic Cinema Club. Screenings include a 2 p.m. matinee and 7 p.m. showing with intro, short intermission and optional film discussion afterwards. Admission is Pay What You Will. More information: click here.

Tuesday, April 23
The Jungle Book, an Arts Education presentation, 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., Virginia Rep on Tour. Recommended Grades Pre-K – 5. Arts Education programming sponsored in part by Dr. Brian T. Brumbaugh D.D.S. and Parrott Orthodontics. More information: click here.

Wednesday, April 24
The Wayne Theatre presents Chavela, part of the On Screen/In Person series, 7 p.m. Admission is Pay What You Will. More information: click here.

Friday, April 26
Mutts Gone Nuts comedy dog thrill show, 7 p.m. Tickets start at $18. More information: click here.

View our full calendar here.

 

Our Current Season: Winter/Spring 2019

THANK YOU FOR MAKING THE DREAM A REALITY. The Wayne Theatre has boosted our downtown economic vitality and is enriching and educating the lives of all ages. We’re proud that there are 24 field trip opportunities for students to come to the theatre. For so many students, it’s their very first theatre experience.

Our partnerships continue to expand, but we are still new and need your help in spreading the word about the Wayne Theatre. We invite you to become a Partner in the Arts member today. Ticket sales cover 40 percent of what happens on stage at the Wayne Theatre, so we seek individuals and businesses for sponsorships to cover the other 60 percent. Together, we will keep the dream a reality!

View Playbill.

 

Inside the Wayne

Monday at the Movies

Monday at the Movies with a 2 p.m. matinee and 7 p.m. screening and discussion. Show Me Details

Arts Education Programs

An opportunity to enrich the lives of area students. Show Me Details

Broadway Musicals

The Wayne Theatre presents our Broadway Musical series. Show Me Details

Summer Camps

Explore theatre this summer with Imagination Stage and the Junie B. Jones Jr. The Musical Production Camp. Show Me Details

Preschool Workshops

Feed your child’s imagination while learning the basics of theatrical performance this Spring. Show Me Details

LIVE @ the WAYNE

Regional talent is showcased on select Fridays throughout the year. Show Me Details

On Screen/In Person Documentary Series

The best new independent American films and their respective filmmakers on tour. Show Me Details

Faith in Film

Film screenings and panel discussion exploring faith in film. Show Me Details

Signature Speaker Series

View 2018-19 Science Talks and our History/Health series here. Show Me Details

Virtual Tour

Tracy Straight takes you inside the Wayne Theatre. Show Me Details

 

     

© Wayne Theatre Alliance | All Rights Reserved. | P.O. Box 1821, Waynesboro, VA 22980 | 540.943.9999 | Site design by Augusta Free Press