New Classic Film Schedule Released
Join fellow film fans for this great season of weekly classics at the beautifully restored Wayne Theatre up on the big screen the way they were meant to be!
Doors open every Monday at 6 p.m., all films roll at 7 p.m. Also offering a 2 p.m. Monday matinee.
Movies are “Pay What You Will” admission during this Audience Choice Season at the Wayne.
“We got so many requests from regulars at our classic movie night,” said Tracy Straight, executive director of the Wayne Theatre/Ross Performing Arts Center. “It made sense for us to include those audience choices as we prepared for this season of classic flims.”
All 7 p.m. screenings will include a brief introduction, short intermission, and optional film discussion afterwards led by The Classic Cinema Club.
The Audience Choice Monday at the Movies Series includes …
- JUNE 27: The African Queen (1951) w/Humphrey Bogard and Katherine Hepburn
- JULY 4: Independence Day (closed)
- JULY 11: A Raisin in the Sun (1961) w/Sidney Poitier and Claudia McNeil
- JULY 18: Rear Window (1954) w/James Stewart and Grace Kelly
- JULY 25: The Third Man (1949) w/Orson Welles and Joseph Cotten
- AUG. 1: A Fistful of Dollars (1964) w/Clint Eastwood and Marianne Koch
- AUG. 8: Sunset Boulevard (1950) w/William Holden and Gloria Swanson
- AUG. 15: Airplane! (1980) w/Robert Hays and Julie Hagerty
- AUG. 22: Gaslight (1944) w/Charles Boyer and Ingrid Bergman
- AUG. 29: Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942) w/James Cagney and Joan Leslie
- SEPT. 5 Labor Day (closed)
- SEPT. 12: Wait Until Dark (1968) w/ Audrey Hepburn and Alan Arkin
- SEPT. 19: The Manchurian Candidate (1962) w/ Frank Sinatra and Laurence Harvey
- SEPT. 26: Duck Soup (1933) w/ The Marx Brothers
- OCT. 3: North by Northwest (1959) w/ Cary Grant and Eva Marie Saint
- OCT. 10: Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964) w/ Peter Sellers and George C. Scott
- OCT. 17: To Kill a Mockingbird (1962) w/ Gregory Peck and John Megna
- OCT. 24: Drums Along the Mohawk (1939) w/ Henry Fonda and Claudette Colbert
- OCT. 31 (Halloween): Young Frankenstein (1974) w/ Gene Wilder and Madeline Kahn
- NOV. 7: Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939) w/ James Stewart and Jean Arthur
- NOV. 14: Citizen Kane (1941) w/ Joseph Cotten and Dorothy Comingore
- NOV. 21: Mary, Queen of Scots (1971) w/ Vanessa Redgrave and Glenda Jackson
- NOV. 28: A Hard Day’s Night (1964) w/ The Beatles and Wilfrid Brambell
- DEC. 5: Seven Days in May (1964) w/ Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas
- DEC. 12: Casablanca (1942) w/ Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman
- DEC. 19 (Christmas feature): White Christmas (1954) w/ Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney
- DEC. 26: (closed)
Note: films are subject to change.
The Wayne Theatre is located at 521 W. Main St. in downtown Waynesboro.
For more information, call (540) 943-9999 or visit http://waynetheatre.org/monday-movies-classic-films-continue-wayne/